Summary of qualifications
Raluca Marinescu is a qualified lawyer with over six of experience, in areas such as energy, environment, corporate matters and also disputes and litigation, in all areas related to all sorts of business activities.
Working in cooperation with local and international law firms, where her focus was on greenfield energy projects, corporate and constructions legislation.Raluca Marinescu is a qualified lawyer with over thirteen years of experience in law, practicing and advising clients in areas such as energy, environmental, commercial, as well as representing clients in various disputes arising in the conduct of business.
Raluca has worked in cooperation with local and international law firms, where she focused on projects related to renewable energy, commercial law and construction law.
‐ 2008-2010 – University of Bucharest – Master in Private Law
Dissertation: Construction permits in the context of the contract of enterprise. The diploma thesis was appreciated, being a great concern at that time for existing and developing construction firms.
‐ 2004-2008 – University of Bucharest – Faculty of Law
Bachelor of Legal Sciences
Extracurricular activities: active member of the Law Students Association (ASD). As an active member of the Law Students & Association, I became familiar with the possibilities, and I am referring here to the problems and issues that a company may have in the existing Romanian system, in negotiating with clients and I participated in various practical cases that gave me the opportunity to become familiar with the projects that an association may have.
Basically, this was one of the points that gave me the start and pushed me into Commercial Law and set me on the path to becoming a solution provider for clients, in terms of the problems they may face.
In 2008, she joined a Bucharest branch of an international Law Office, first as a paralegal and then as a junior associate, after registration with the Romanian Bar Association, in the same year, 2008.
As an expert in the energy field, she wrote several articles, following the process of legislative development, for the Romanian and EU energy market.
Since 2011, we have developed a good cooperation with the Austrian Economics Chambers in Romania (Wirshaftskammer Oesterreicht) and the British Embassy in Romania.
Since 2012, in the new registered local office of NH group, respectively SCP Hirsch Popescu Marinescu SCA the partnership was established between Monika Hirsch, Gizella Popescu and Raluca Marinescu.
In 2014 the partnership was established between Monika Hirsch In 2008, Raluca Marinescu started collaborating with the Bucharest-based law firm of the multinational partnership Niederhuber Hager Hirsch & Partners (NHP).
First, Raluca started her career as a palalegal at university. Later, as a junior associate, after joining the Bucharest Bar in the same year, she started her research (and also her experience) in energy law, a field in which she started advising clients.
As an expert in the field of energy, he has written several articles based on legislative developments in the field, applicable to both the Romanian and EU markets.
Since 2011 it has developed a cooperation relationship with the Austrian Chamber of Commerce in Romania (Wirshaftskammer Oesterreicht) and the British Embassy.
Since 2012, he became an associate lawyer in the Professional Civil Law Firm Hirsch, Popescu, Marinescu SCA together with Monika Hirsch and Gizella Popescu, and in 2014 he remained together with Monika in the partnership, now called SCA Hirsch Marinescu Associates SCA (SCPA).
As a result of the economic crisis that was beginning to be felt in Romania, in 2014 Monika and Raluca decided that Raluca would take over all the management of SCPA.
- Raluca provides legal advice on commercial activities in the electricity and gas industry. When advising, she considers the main issues in the energy sector, namely: concession, real estate law, tariff’s, regulations and legislation (common to electricity and gas industry), establishment and development of renewable energy parks, licensing as electricity generators under the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ANRE), but also as suppliers and traders of natural gas.
- As a consultant in a renewable (green) energy development project, he had the opportunity to apply the transitional provisions of the Civil Code, as well as the legislative novelties of the New Civil Code, by registering a trust agreement at the Electronic Real Estate Collateral Archive – the second registration of such an agreement at national level – in search of the best options for securing clients and long-term investments.
- The ongoing process of transformation of international and Romanian legislation, which has led to the liberalisation of the energy market, has enabled Raluca to delve into a complex set of issues related to concessions, clarification of property or grid ownership rights, grid connection contracts, financing structures, sales strategies, ongoing regulations and operational strategies, as well as the approval of procedures to exit certain categories of land use that are used for renewable energy production in a more efficient and rapid way.
- Raluca has also been involved in a variety of such projects (parks up to 1300MW), advising on a wide range of issues – authorisation for electricity generation, licensing and authorisation for electricity supply and distribution.
- Raluca, through the work she has done in the teams she has formed, has assisted her clients by providing answers to their questionnaires on national and international regulations; informing them about changes in legislation; assisting them with various types of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private investments in energy companies, concessions and other types of contracts specific to this sector.
- Legal advice to one of the largest players in the Eastern European real estate market, acquisition of the majority share capital of a local company, which was completed by the development of a photovoltaic park. Raluca also assisted one of the largest Swiss investors in the commissioning
and development of wind farms, as well as a study on the possibilities of developing a hydropower plant for which she also conducted due diligence.
- Conducting a due diligence of a micro-hydropower project financed by a Swiss renewable energy developer and legal support in the sale of a minority stake by one of the world’s largest turbine manufacturers.
It is precisely because of the experience she gained from her research in the field of energy, which is closely related to environmental law, that Raluca also specialised in environmental issues.
- Raluca offers advice on environmental issues, in order to avoid fines and legal inconveniences, starting from the moment of the authorization of the specific (polluting/non-polluting) activity of a company, starting from the waste management regulations to be considered by most manufacturing companies.
- Raluca also provided legal assistance to one of the largest Swiss cement producers on the Romanian market on issues related to waste transportation and import, extension of permits and operating authorizations.
- Research and gathering of documentation for the extension of the environmental permit of one of the largest Austrian cement producers in Romania, as well as advice for limiting the polluting consequences on the environment and the authorization of productions having a certain impact on the environment.
- Legal advice for Austrian investors both for the erection of engineering constructions, the acquisition and obtaining of building permits for the erection of apartment blocks, as well as obtaining permits for accommodation in Bucharest.
- Regular assistance for large and medium-sized construction and design firms.
- Extensive practice in commercial law especially in relation to local and international transactions – acquisitions and mergers, change of management or partners.
- Thus, Raluca took over the reins of the SCPA, where she had been approved as Coordinating Lawyer by the Bucharest Bar Association; and successfully managed the exit from the economic crisis and the continuation of the advice and representation of clients, which required the attention and diligence of the SCPA in the conduct of their business.
The following legal practice areas are the main targeted by Raluca Marinescu.
- Companies Law, esp Incorporation of Companies
- Corporate Restructuring including M&A
- Insolvency Proceedings
- Employment Law (incl collective labor law, termination of labor contracts via reorganization etc); international labor Law (eg expatriate contracts)
- Real Estate Law
- Construction Law
- Land Book Proceedings
- Energy Law esp related to renewable energy; electricity and gas trading
- Public Procurement Law
- General Administrative Law incl proceedings in front of authorities
- Dispute settlement outside court procedures
- Proceedings in front of Romanian Civil Courts and Arbitration
- Criminal Law assistance (white collar crimes).